background

Sunday, June 23, 2013

Testimony

So it's been a while. Again. I tell ya, I'm terrible at this stuff! A lot has been going on. My sweet baby is already four and a half months old. Let me tell you, she has a giant personality, and will tell you when she's happy, but that can turn around in half a second. She's growing every day, and is a little sponge that absorbs everything around her!

We're getting ready to move to Rexburg in August so Tyler can complete his Bachelor's degree. We're both looking forward to it. I get to be near my sister and her soon-to-be husband, as well as two of my closest friends and Tyler's cousin.

Let's get to the real reason for this post.

Today I watched the broadcast from the Marriott Center in Utah. I know they made some announcements regarding missionary work, but they focused heavily on member missionary work, and how we need to not be afraid to talk about the gospel with those around us. I have ALWAYS been terrible about sharing my testimony. I have one - a strong one - but I'm soft spoken when it comes to sharing it with others. I shouldn't be; I know that. But I am. I think a lot of it has to do with me loving the gospel so much, and having a fear of it being rejected. Especially by my friends. After listening to the words that were said tonight, though, I really felt like I should share my testimony.

I love this church. I love my Savior and my Heavenly Father. I know that Jesus Christ lives, and that he atoned for our sins. I know He knows everything I have ever gone through, and feels the joys and pains with me. I know that Joseph Smith saw God the Father and Christ, who led him to restore the Church. Thomas S. Monson is the living prophet, called by God to lead this church. He receives direction and instruction from the Lord.
Without a doubt, I know that families are eternal when sealed by the proper authority in the temple. I WILL see my dad and my uncle again. I will get to be with my husband and my children for all eternity if we live righteously and keep the covenants we have made.
The Book of Mormon is true. It is the word of God. It brings us happiness, peace, wisdom and answers to prayers. We receive answers to prayers, and, when followed, they bring us joy. Sometimes the answers don't come right away, and sometimes they are not the answers we are looking for, but they will always bring happiness when followed.
This is the true church. It just is. I know that when we take the time to read The Book of Mormon and pray to know the truthfulness of the gospel, we will find that it is indeed true. I love the gospel, and am grateful for the influence it is in my life on a daily basis.

I hope you really read all of that! If you did, you rock.


No comments:

Post a Comment